Continue To "Space Station Zebulon" (Star Trek)

Return To "Neither Mouse Nor Louse" (Slayers)

The Incomplete Log Of First Officer Jason Phillips


These entries were originally made on a 45 minute tape during my early teen years. When I started playing the tape and copying what I heard on the computer, I could not type fast enough and had to play it over again many times. Sadly the tape broke before I could finish copying all of it but that will not stop me from presenting The Incomplete Log of First Officer Jason Phillips.

The story takes place on the original Starship Enterprise. Some things, like two First Officers on the same ship, are illogical, but I thought it best to keep it in basically its original form. Remember, when this was done Star Trek : The Next Generation had not yet come out.

Maybe I will do a remake sometime. :-)

(X) - Gap in the entry.


This is First Officier Jason’s log :

STAR DATE 4042.7 (Period 27) : There has been a new law passed that First Officiers and well as Captains should have a tape of their life. That and the law of two First Officers on a ship have really helped us First Officers. Now for the important news about the ship. The idea of putting them in a room with a forcefield has failed. They’ve ate through the forcefield and, even now as I speak, the first ones are coming through the forcefield. We don’t know what to do, especially since Captain Kirk and Spock have gone. They’ve left us with Captain Smith. He’s a good captain but I don’t think he’s fit for the Enterprise.

STAR DATE 4042.8 : The worst news of all has come. Dr. McCoy and his two helpers, Nurse Chapel and Dr. Pierceson have gone down to the planet to take care (X)
I should know.

STAR DATE 4042.9 : I forgot to tell you why I should know. While me and Lt. Kirk, Captain Kirk’s brother, were on the planet, we saw some kind of snake on the planet be bit by the bug. That snake instantly died. Spock said that Vulcans and humans have special antibodies. (X) Oh, no! The bugs are coming in here! Trying to eat it! I have to fight them off.

STAR DATE 4043.0 : The worst news of all has come. Captain Smith has been bitten by the bug and with Dr. McCoy, Dr. Pierceson, and Nurse Chapel gone, and that matter Captain Kirk and Spock (X) They must have some kind of natural enemy. Wish me luck.

STAR DATE 4043.1 : We’ve landed on the planet. We found a native named Kim. She told us all about the bugs and the special leaves that would be the antidote. Unknown to us, Captain Kirk and Spock (X) Meanwhile, besides Kim, we have also found either the King or the Queen of the bugs. We are not sure which it is.

STAR DATE 4043.2 : We found out that it’s the Queen. She lays lots and lots of eggs and that’s how this gets so populated with bugs, but there’s a place here that’s made of liquid hydrogen. The people try to bring the bugs there, but if they fall in they’ll freeze to death

STAR DATE 4043.3 : (X) Fortunately, this time we beamed up without any of the bugs following us. (X) Spock said it was very interesting about humans in medicine and their illogical emotions.

STAR DATE 4043.4 : Captain Kirk

STAR DATE 4043.5 : Peaceful

STAR DATE 4043.6 : They gave us a mission to explore Gamma Hydra 2. They said something strange has been going on there.

STAR DATE 4043.7 : Scotty went down to the planet to investigate.

STAR DATE 4043.8 : Captain Kirk and Spock have beamed down on the planet. They say it’s the only way to find out what happened to Scotty.

STAR DATE 4043.9 : Captain Kirk and Spock have found some kind of strange plant with thorns on it. Dr. Pierceson was going to reach for it but then the thorns.

STAR DATE 4044.0 : I’m going to sleep. Not much to report. Still the same things going on.

STAR DATE 4044.1 : Looks bad. Lt. Tracy, Lt. West, and Lt. Sulu, in that order have been effected by the plant too.

STAR DATE 4044.2 : The thorns must be growing on this ship because Dr. McCoy has been affected along with Nurse Chapel, and Lt. Checkov. It’s growing in my quarters. Can’t get away!

STAR DATE 4044.3 : I don’t know how Spock did it, but he found an antidote

STAR DATE 4044.4 : I’m taking new Lt. Skywalker to guard a special princess. We’ve heard from the Federation that we must protect her of all means.

STAR DATE 4044.5 : We have protected the princess and

STAR DATE 4044.6 : We are being pulled at Warp 6, our maximum speed, to somplace. We don’t know what. Further details on my next report.

STAR DATE 4044.7 : Unchanged.

STAR DATE 4044.8 : Some alien creature were on the planet that we were pulled to. They wanted to take over the ship. They said they couldn’t handle the whole ship so

STAR DATE 4044.9 : The aliens have given us the ship back and sent us to our own galaxy. We don’t know where in our galaxy and we are trying to locate the others. Spock is using the computer to try and find out.

STAR DATE 4045.0 : Spock has found them. We got them back on board and are on our way to our next mission.

STAR DATE 4045.1 : We took some wheat to a planet

STAR DATE 4045.2 : We have spotted a Klingon War ship.

STAR DATE 4045.3 : 9 Klingon have beamed down for the war ship to discuss terms of surrender.

STAR DATE 4045.4 : The 6 Klingons that are left are roaming around the ship discussing the terms of surrender with each of the higher officers.

STAR DATE 4045.5 : The Klingons started pushing Lt. Skywalker. I wouldn’t let him do that.

STAR DATE 4045.6 : When Captain Kirk beamed down there wasn’t just the captain of the Klingon ship. There were 3 Security Guards and then there were still more beaming down. Spock beamed down to try and help them and now they’re both their prisoners. (X) In the absence of them

STAR DATE 4045.7 : I have decided to lead the Klingons into the very center of our galaxy. That is the only part of the galaxy that neither us nor the Klingons know about.

STAR DATE 4045.8 : We have made a successful deal with the Klingons. (X) We have to flee at Warp 7, but a maintains Warp 7 speed will cause us to blow up.

STAR DATE 4045.9 : Unchanged

STAR DATE 4046.0 : I wasn’t awake at the time, but Captain Kirk came up with a brilliant idea. They made the ship slow down to sublight as if out warp speed to blow up. The Klingons slowed down to Warp 3 for the kill. (X) unless we can make it to the center of the galaxy.

STAR DATE 4046.1 : They’re getting closer but still out of firing range.

STAR DATE 4046.2 : Unchanged

STAR DATE 4046.3 : When they were almost up to us and barely in firing range, we quickly want reverse at Warp 5, maxium reverse speed, (X) and went right back over to the center of the galaxy.

STAR DATE 4046.4 : The Federation agrees.

STAR DATE 4046.5 : We are just about there.

STAR DATE 4046.6 : We have slowed down to impulse power to give our warp engines a rest. I know it will take longer but I think we’ll take the time to do it.

STAR DATES 4046.7 and 4046.8 : Unchanged.

STAR DATE 4046.9 : We are just now entering the edge of the center of our galaxy. It’s a little rou-u-u-u-ugh at first, but we soon got used to that. We’ll tell you more as we go.

STAR DATE 4047.0 : We have found a class M planet, the same class as Earth, and we have found seven lifeforms there. A beaming party of six, including myself, has gone to the planet near them to meet them. We hope that they can help us in technology and things like that.

STAR DATE 4047.1 : The seven people we found were the survivors of a spaceship that crashed there years ago. It is on the records.

STAR DATE 4047.2 : For a mysterious reason, the seven people we’ve found are slowly dying one by one and Captain Kirk has a mysterious disease. We don’t know what it is. We beaemed down Dr. Pierson to find out.

STAR DATE 4047.3 : Lt. Skywalker has got the diease too and the people are still dying one by one. Dr. Pierson still isn’t sure what it is.

STAR DATE 4047.4 : Just after I finished my last report Lt. West got the disease, and now Lt. Tracy has got the disease.

STAR DATE 4047.5 : Spock and Dr. Pierson has developed an antidote and they got together with me

STAR DATE 4047.6 : We have successfully gave them the antidote and are back on the ship roaming through the center of the galaxy.

STAR DATE 4047.7 : I forgot to tell you none of the seven have survived. (X) on the picture tape, you will see some of those things.

STAR DATE 4047.8 : We have seen even stranger things. We are almost near the dead center of the galaxy.

STAR DATE 4047.9 :

STAR DATE 4048.0 :

STAR DATE 4048.1 and 4048.2 : Unchanged.

STAR DATE 4048.3 : We are just now leaving the center of the galaxy.

STAR DATE 4048.4 : We are just starting our Warp Engines now. We are starting at Warp 1 and we are slowly going to move it up to

STAR DATE 4048.5 : We are now at Warp 3.

STAR DATE 4048.6 : We are now at Warp 5.

STAR DATE 4048.7 : We are now at Warp 6, our maximum speed, and we are on to our next mission.

STAR DATE 4048.8 :

STAR DATE 4048.9 : We are going to administer the drug.

STAR DATE 4049.0 : We have administered the drug

STAR DATE 4049.1 : Dr. McCoy has invented a new drug

STAR DATE 4049.2 and 4049.3 : So far no deadly side effects.

STAR DATE 4049.4 : Still no harmful side effects, but we are worried what will happen

STAR DATE 4049.5 : It has left his blood system but nothing has happened. Dr. McCoy has registered it safe

STAR DATE 4049.7 and 4049.8 : Unchanged

STAR DATE 4049.9 : We have found a planet and me and Lt. Skywalker are going to camp there. Lt. Skywalker is going with me because his specialty is strange creatures. Figures!

STAR DATE 4050.0 : We have found three species of dog. We first found one and then two. There are two with us right now.

STAR DATE 4050.1 : When we were beaming up one of the dogs accidently

STAR DATE 4050.2 : Shortly afterward the other

STAR DATE 4050.3 : The Federation says take those dogs back.

STAR DATE 4050.4 : We were finally able to get the dogs into the transporter beam and beam them back down to the planet

STAR DATE 4050.5 : Lt. Skywalker is making a new gadget to go in water.

STAR DATE 4050.6 : Lt. Skywalker and the water gadget have been

STAR DATE 4050.7 : Due to a whirpool we will have to delay the testing of the water gadget. Right now we are going to Star Base 10

STAR DATE 4050.8 : We have got in minicrafts to save time. They held…I’m not sure how many

STAR DATE 4050.9 : Unchanged

STAR DATE 4051 : We are having the Thanksgivng awards. Lt. Skywalker got his first award.

STAR DATE 4052.0 : I forgot to tell you what the awards were for.

STAR DATE 4052.1 : Meteor storm.

STAR DATE 4052.2 : We have to crash land on an alien planet.

STAR DATE 4052.3 : We have…I have been captured. They are people there. I am not sure who or what, but they are against the Federation.

STAR DATE 4052.4 : They’re treating me good but it is still a prison.

STAR DATE 4052.5 : Lt. Skywalker is with me. We are talking for an escape plan.

STAR DATE 4052.6 : We have escaped from there, but we have to destroy our robot likenesses.

STAR DATE 4052.7 : We have done it.

STAR DATE 4052.8 : Scotty and Lt. Pike are trying

STAR DATE 4053.0 : We have just gotten a distress signal as we neared

STAR DATE 4053.1 : Two people have been on board our ship from the Enterprise

STAR DATE 4053.2 : No plan yet.

STAR DATE 4053.3 : Skywalker is on board the ship. By the way someone else is controlling them. They changed their name to Climax.

STAR DATE 4053.4 : The Climax surrended. Skywalker somehow

STAR DATE 4053.5 : We are back on Enterprise.

STAR DATE 4053.6 : We have gone to Star Base 2 for repairs on the ship.

STAR DATE 4053.7 and 4053.8 : We are still getting repairs.

STAR DATE 4053.9 : The ship is fixed.

STAR DATE 4054.0 : Skywalker has landed on a strange planet and he’s wounded and in sick bay right now.

STAR DATE 4054.1 and 4054.2 : Whenever his K2 level gets 5 times higher than normal, he becomes a monster but whenever it’s below that, it’s back to normal again.

STAR DATE 4054.3 : They have found a cure but it means putting

STAR DATE 4054.4 and 4054.5 : It sure is quiet without Skywalker.

STAR DATE 4054.6 : Admiral Fingerton is on the ship.

STAR DATE 4054.7 and 4054.8 : Admiral Fingerton has confined me to quarters until we get to Star Base 5. I don’t know why.

STAR DATE 4055.1 : All K2 levels are normal except Skywalkers. He’s very close to normal though.

STAR DATE 4055.2 : Unchanged.

STAR DATE 4055.3 : It’s almost time for Skywalker to come out of suspended animation.

STAR DATE 4055.4 : Skywalker came out and it’s noisy in this cabin again.

STAR DATE 4055.6 : After his water gadget

STAR DATE 4055.7 : No sign of him.

STAR DATE 4055.8 :

STAR DATE 4055.9 : We are going to Vegas 5. We’ve got a strange signal from that planet.

STAR DATE 4056.1 : We found out that as well as us and the Climax, the Klingons have

STAR DATE 4056.2 : Skywalker is now working with the Climax because they gave him twice the salary we pay him.

STAR DATE 4056.3 : No sign of him. I am assuming he was killed on the planet.

STAR DATE 4056.4 : I have gotten word that I am supposed to pick up Lt. Pike and Lt. Lucky, two new recruits to replace the two who are gone.

STAR DATE 4056.5 : We are going back to the good old Earth to pick the two

STAR DATE 4056.6 : Unchanged.

STAR DATE 4056.8 : We tried to communicate with them.

STAR DATE 4056.9 : We tried to communicate with them again, but it was unsuccessful so we are turning back and going back to Earth.

STAR DATE 4058.1 : I’ve got word that

STAR DATE 4058.2 : His water gadget was successful.

STAR DATE 4058.3 and 4058.4 : Unchanged.

STAR DATE 4058.5 : We are going to Altair 3 to

STAR DATE 4058.6 :

STAR DATE 4058.7 : We still haven’t found a cure but the disease hasn’t spread to anybody else, thanks to the handywork of the isolation chamber, but we still don’t know

STAR DATE 4058.9 : Dr. McCoy has caught the disease but he thinks he found a possible cure. Dr. Pierson, however,

STAR DATE 4059.0 : The cure has failed. We are going to try again.

STAR DATE 4059.1 : Although

STAR DATE 4059.2 : 24 people have got the disease.

STAR DATE 4059.3: 47 people have got the disease.

STAR DATE 4059.4: 67 people have got the disease. We must try and stop it and fast.

STAR DATE 4059.5: 89 people have the disease. Captain Kirk and Spock have decided that

STAR DATE 4059.6: 128 people have the disease, including Captain Kirk, Scotty, and Lt. Sulu. Spock, like Dr. Pierson,

STAR DATE 4059.7 : 193 people have the disease. Luckily this Starship can run with a minimum of 37 people.

STAR DATE 4059.8 : 221 people have

STAR DATE 4059.9 : 300 people have the disease, including myself. I am getting the first symptoms and I must report to the isolation chamber.

STAR DATE 4060.0 : This is a delayed entry because I was in the overcrowded isolation chamber, but at the time 337

STAR DATE 4060.1 : I am cured and so is everybody else and now we are fighting the diseases on the planet.

STAR DATE 4060.2 and 4060.3 : We are still fighting the disease, but we are winning.

STAR DATE 4060.4 : There are no more signs of the disease. We have won and we are on to our next mission.

STAR DATE 4060.5 : Those strange objects stated earlier that were going Warp 15 are back

STAR DATE 4060.6 : Captain Kirk has told me just to ignore them

STAR DATE 4060.8 : We are now at the planet Cron where there is believed to be a Klingon base. The planet is still in the caveman days so we must

STAR DATE 4060.9 : We have sent a landing party down to the planet Cron. This landing party consists of

STAR DATE 4061.0 : No word from the

STAR DATE 4061.1 : I have sent down a rescue party consisting of Lt.Sulu and 5 Security Guards.

STAR DATE 4061.3 : The crew is starting to worry and want to send another beaming party down, but Captain Kirk says we shouldn’t

STAR DATE 4061.4 : We have spotted a Klingon warship. Our shields have been activated and our phasers are on Stand-by.

STAR DATE 4061.5 : Before

STAR DATE 4061.6 : Something strange is happening at that base before we got there. We don’t know what yet.

STAR DATE 4061.7 : We have gotten our first communication for the creatures. They have given us 5 letters : F-R-E-N-D. Spock says

STAR DATE 4061.8 : The next planet appears to be that water planet that 3 sides own, both us, the Climax, and the Klingons

STAR DATE 4061.9 : We beamed up one of the

STAR DATE 4062.0 : We’ve beamed down Lt. Pike to try and negociate with the Climax and the Klingons, but (X) We have taken him in for further questioning.

STAR DATE 4062.1 : The so called colonist escaped through the transporter beam, but he was killed by his own trap.

STAR DATE 4062.2 : Scotty says that the transporter beam has

STAR DATE 4062.3 :

STAR DATE 4062.4 and 4062.5 : We are going to Star Base 7 where

STAR DATE 4062.6 :

STAR DATE 4062.7 and 4062.8 : The Commedor is still trying to fix the transporter beam.

STAR DATE 4062.9 : The crew is getting restless.

STAR DATE 4063.0 : He has fixed the transporter beam, supposedly,

STAR DATE 4063.2 : As long as we are here, we got

STAR DATE 4063.3 and 4063.4 : We are on our way back to the water planet.

STAR DATE 4063.5 : We’re back and it looks like the two

STAR DATE 4063.6 : The Climax have won but they only have two cities left.

STAR DATE 4063.7 : The Federation offered to buy the last cities

STAR DATE 4063.8 : It is Spock’s turn to train the new recruits.

STAR DATE 4063.9 : We have just picked up a distress

STAR DATE 4064.0 :

STAR DATE 4064.1 :The beaming party consists of Captain Kirk, me, Dr. McCoy, and 3 Security Guards. So far we have already found 27 dead bodies. We do not know what the cause is yet.

STAR DATE 4064.2 : We have been unable to contact the Enterprise.

STAR DATE 4064.3 : Dr. McCoy has been able to predict the time of deaths.

STAR DATE 4064.4 : We found out that he was the one that gave the distress signal

STAR DATE 4064.5 : One of the Security Guards strayed off and has most of his bodily energy functions drained by this mysterious creature. Dr. McCoy is looking over him while the rest of us search in parties of two.

STAR DATES 4064.6 and 4064.7 :

STAR DATE 4064.8 : We have found the mysterious energy creature although it’s invisible.

STAR DATE 4064.9 : We are hiding…

Return To The Main Page

Return To The Fan Fiction Page